Wednesday 13 October 2010



Art Against Knives is a charity which tackles the root of why knife crime occurs, and offers youthled art initiatives as an alternative to violent gang culture. It was born because CSM art student, Oliver Hemsley was victim to an unprovoked stabbing which left him in a wheel chair in 2008. I received an email from the charity asking if I could illustrate my interpretation of their existing logo, which is pictured here! I hope it is used because I was genuinely moved when I heard that after an incident so harrowing, a positive reaction can be used to change lives in the future to come.

1 comment:

  1. YESSSS!! Sorry I didn't keep everything ticking over- checking you were in contact. I live in rome/moving to venice. Very hetic. So happy you did this and I love it alot... BACIO

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...