Tuesday 13 December 2011

Nicole Farhi X Vic Riches Design Project







This is the final result of the collection I designed for Nicole Farhi, as part of the British Fashion Council Competition Kingston University has taken part in.

It was great to be able to work with the label's identity in mind, but also contribute my personal take on design in creating the collection!

As I tried to articulate in my concept video, the inspiration behind this project came from visual forms found in Kinetic Energy: Ned Kahn's Environmental Art, and various kite structures both fed into texture, colour, detailing, and silhouette development.

For the last week, I toiled one of the jacket designs in calico (pictured in the design development spread) which made the project even more enjoyable, and most importantly, REAL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...